The Instagram Reels feature is one of the newest features on Instagram. Approximately 15 seconds of video content is displayed in this short-form video feature. As the name suggests, Instagram Reels’ main purpose is to serve as a fun way to share content with other Instagram users.
Instead of disappearing after 24 hours like IG stories, Reels stay on your Instagram Reels account permanently.
By using certain songs, hashtags, or effects in your Reel, your Reel may appear on certain pages when someone clicks on those songs, hashtags, or effects.
With these unique benefits, Reels is incredibly accessible, and many small businesses utilize this new feature to increase their visibility and tell people about their products and brands.
How do I create an Instagram Reel?
The process of creating Instagram Reels is fairly straightforward, but you may have to go through a few trials before you grasp the nuances and begin to utilize all the features effectively.
Following are some simple steps to help you get started.
- On your Instagram Reels app, begin by clicking the camera icon in the top left corner of your home feed.
- If you scroll to the bottom of the screen, you will see three options: Live, Stories, and Reels. Click on Reels to continue.
- You may select your song by clicking on the music icon. The background audio for your Reel can be chosen to be exactly 15 seconds of the song.
- The play/pause icon can be used to slow down or speed up your videos. If you wish, you can adjust your videos to fast motion or slow motion.
- If you wish, you can add filters to your videos using the smiley face icon.
- You can record by tapping and holding the record button at the bottom of the screen, then end the recording by tapping it again. A video can also be added from your camera roll if you tap the camera roll icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Use the timer as often as you need to. The timer isn’t necessary if you are only making one 15-second clip, but if you plan to edit more than one clip, you need to set the timer first. For example, if you want your first clip to run for five seconds before transitioning, slide the bar that appears to the five-second spot after tapping on the timer icon. By using the timer option, you will have a three-second countdown before the next clip is recorded. You can record as many clips as you want until you reach the 15-second limit.
- You can add stickers, drawings, or text to your reel, or you can download the reel to your device by tapping the right-pointing arrow when you have completed it.
- You can also add captions and hashtags to help more people find your reel.
- Choose where you want to share your reel, then tap Share and Done.
- With the basics of how to create a Reel under your belt, you can get started and become an expert.
Here are 5 sure-fire ways to create IG reels like a pro
We have outlined tips that will help you achieve the benefits of pro-Instagram Reels. Using them will help you improve the quality of your Reels, make them look professional, and increase the number of Instagram followers.
1. Select music from the internet that is trending or interesting.
Music is one of the most important basic editing skills that you should have to create engaging content for your prospective clients.
Find out how to add music to your Reels.
- To start creating content, go to Instagram Reels, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and tap on the Reels icon, look for the photo icon in the top right corner.
- Choose the song you would like to use on your Reel by clicking the music icon on the left-hand side of your screen.
- After you have chosen the song you like, you will be redirected to the recording screen.
- Tap on the thumbnail in the left-hand menu to select the part of the song you would like to use for your reel.
- Now that your song is locked in, it is time to begin making your video.
2. Create your reels on Instagram by using effects and filters.
Among the many filters and Augmented Reality effects available on Instagram Reels, there are a lot of them. To capture the essence of your brand, you shouldn’t hold back when using these effects.
Learn how to add filters to your reels here.
- Click on Reels Maker.
- Go to the left-hand side of your screen and click the smiley face icon.
- Along the bottom of the screen are now a number of filters to choose from; scroll left or right to review them. Select the one you like and click the Try It button.
- Record hands-free by holding down the filter icon or using the timer feature to pick a filter to use.
- After you’re done recording, tap Share To.
3. Add on-screen captions to your reels.
Captions on your video content help those with hearing impairments or those watching without audio to better understand what you’re saying. Furthermore, it can provide more information on what is shared in the audio or as an aesthetic touch.
Find out how to add captions to reels here.
- To begin recording, open the reels maker, choose your song, and hold the record button.
- Once that’s done, tap the forward arrow icon to continue. A screen will appear where you can edit. You can add text to your video by tapping the Aa icon in the top right corner.
- Just type out your message. You can choose your preferred font, alignment, and color from the options at the bottom and top of your screen
- and tap Done.
- You can adjust when your text appears and how long it stays up by tapping on the small icon of your text on the preview on the bottom left of your screen.
- The text can be added to your video as many times as you wish, by tapping the Aa icon again.
- Once you are satisfied, tap the Share To button.
4. Make Reels videos with voiceovers
You can create a voiceover narration in Instagram reels that can be played over already recorded videos, allowing you to explain your content further.
Your product or service information can be shared in this way if you wish.
Find out how to record voice-overs for your Reels video.
- From the top of your screen, tap the microphone icon.
- To record your voice-over, select the point in your video timeline where you would like it to appear and press the red button. You will hear your voice over your video’s music track if you have already uploaded music.)
- As soon as you’ve finished recording your voice-over, tap Done to return to the editing page, then tap Share To when you’re ready to post.
5. Add a Green Screen effect to your video.
The Green Screen effect adds a playful or colourful background image or picture to your video to make it more interesting or catchy.
Click here to access the Green Screen effect.
- On the top left, swipe up to access your camera roll.
- Then tap Green Screen. You may then select the video or picture you wish to use as a background.
- You may then record your video. The green screen icon will appear on your screen when you begin recording.
- When you are satisfied with your video, tap Share To to post it. You will then be directed to your editing screen.
Here are 5 quick hacks for engaging your reel.
Making professional Reels isn’t enough; you need to make engaging Reels to attract prospective customers and take advantage of Instagram Reels marketing.
Check out these tips to increase your engagement.
1. Get on trending topics quickly
Reels follow trending topics in real-time, just like other apps. You should take the time to scroll through the Instagram Reels to notice trends that seem to appear consistently.
These trends may be specific songs or dances. Take advantage of this trend to attract prospects.
2. Develop original content.
A lot of people are attracted to creative content, so it is important to think of original, educational, and entertaining content.
3. Consistently post content
consistently on social media, as with everything else you do on it. In order to gain more views, no matter what brand or business you represent, you should keep creating and posting informative and well-structured content.
4. Include hashtags when posting.
Your Reels can be improved by including hashtags to help the Instagram Reels algorithm understand and serve your content to the right audience. Customers will also be able to discover your content when they search for reels using specific keywords included in your hashtag.
5. Share on Instagram stories.
In order to increase the number of people who view your Reels, it is best to share them across as many outlets as possible. When posting your Instagram Reels on your story, you can cover a portion of the Reel with a sticker or a GIF to engage your audience.
Are you ready to become an Instagram Reels Pro?
Brand awareness and reaching a much wider audience are two of the primary benefits of Instagram Reels. The tips covered in this article can also help you engage new and prospective customers. Have fun playing with the different Reels features as you create content today!